To equip candidates with the skills and understanding to change Abrasive Wheels in a safe and efficient manner.
Course Objectives and learning outcomes
By the end of the course the successful candidate will be able to:
- Inspect each type of Abrasive Wheel.
- Store, handle and transport wheels correctly.
- Mount wheels onto grinders
- Know the correct type and standard of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Understand the Principle of Risk Assessments and know the relevance of statutory regulations, ACOPS and guidance documents.
- 20 written/oral multi choice questions
- Practical Assessment
- National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (Abrasive Wheels)