Fork Lift Truck
To equip candidates with the skills and understanding to operate Industrial Counter Balance or Reach Fork Lift Truck in a safe and efficient manner.
Course objectives and learning outcomes
By the end of the course the successful candidate will be able to:
- Operate the Truck across a range of activities to a recognised standard.
- Identify Hazards-Understand the principles of Risk Assessments and know the relevance of statutory regulations, ACOPS and guidance documents.
- Carry out Routine Maintenance and Inspections
- Understand the lay out and use of controls
- Carry out simple manoeuvres, forward and reverse movements, turn, emergency stops, positioning and collections with and without ancillary equipment.
- Identify and know the use and limitations of the truck and any ancillary equipment
- Know Safety Practices and Safety Checks
- Be able to complete Records, Logs and Safety Check Sheets
- 5 Mandatory written/oral questions
- 20 Multi Choice written/oral questions
- Practical Test
- City and Guilds
Click here to view/download the course information sheet.