To equip candidates with the skills and understanding to operate Mobile Elevated Work Platforms in a safe and efficient manner.
Course objectives and learning outcomes
By the end of the course the successful candidate will be able to:
- Operate the Mobile Elevated Work Platform across a range of activities to a recognised standard.
- Identify Hazards-Understand the principles of Risk Assessments and know the relevance of statutory regulations, ACOPS and guidance documents.
- Carry out inspections and servicing.
- Carry out simple manoeuvres, forward and reverse movements, turns, emergency stops and positioning.
- Identify and know the use and limitations of ancillary equipment.
- Know Safety Practices and Safety Checks
- Carry out Corrective use and Safety Checks on Harnesses
- Be able to complete Records, Logs and Safety Check Sheets
- 20 Written/Oral Multi Choice questions (Learning Outcome)
- Practical Test
- 25 Multi Choice questions (Site Safety Awareness, Construction use only)
- National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS Mobile Elevated Work Platform)
- (2) Construction Plant Competence Scheme