Mobile and Lorry Loading Crane
To equip candidates with the skills and understanding to operate Mobile and Lorry Mounted Cranes in a safe and efficient manner.
Course objectives and learning outcomes
By the end of the course the successful candidate will be able to:
- Operate the Crane across a range of activities to a recognised standard.
- Identify Hazards-Understand the principles of Risk Assessments and know the relevance of statutory regulations, ACOPS and guidance documents.
- Understand the lay out and use of controls
- Carry out inspections and servicing of Crane and Lifting Tackle
- Know types of Configuration, Terminology and Design Features of Crane.
- Know types of Slings and Lifting Tackle
- Know Slinging Methods and Signal Code
- Identify and know the use and limitations of ancillary equipment
- Know Safety Practices and Safety Checks
- Be able to complete Records, Logs and Safety Check Sheets
- 40 Written/Oral Multi Choice questions (Learning Outcome)
- Practical Test
- 25 Multi Choice questions (Site Safety Awareness, Construction use only)
- National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS Mobile and Lorry Mounted Cranes)
- (2) Construction Plant Competence Scheme