CIEH Level 2 in Health and Safety
To provide employees with Health and Safety knowledge and skills which will enable them to work safely and contribute to the overall safety of their organisation.
By the end of the course, successful candidates will have knowledge of:
- Health and Safety at Work - Candidates should appreciate the nature of health and safety
- Health and Safety Law - Candidates should understand the scope of legislative requirements Note. Candidates are not expected to know the specific detail of statutes
- Prevention of Accidents and Ill Health - Candidates should understand the principles of accident and ill health
- Risk Assessment - Candidates should understand that risk assessment is an important technique for accident and ill health prevention
- First Aid at Work - Candidates should understand the purpose and importance of first aid: Note - Candidates are not expected to perform any specific first aid techniques.
- Personal protective Equipment (PPE) - Candidates should understand that PPE is a measure of last resort
- Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare. - Candidates should understand the importance of a safe working environment
- Work Equipment - Candidates should be aware of the hazards associated with work equipment
- Electricity - Candidates should understand the hazards and risks associated with fire
- Fire Prevention - Candidates should understand the hazards and risk associated with fire
- Hazardous Substances - Candidates should appreciate the nature and risks of hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and Workstation Design - Candidates should understand how workplace, equipment and task design affect health and safety
- Manual Handling - Candidates should understand the risks associated with manual handling
- Noise - Candidates should understand the potential long and short-term effects of exposure to noise
- 30 Multi-choice questions
- Chartered Institute Of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Click here to view/download the course information sheet.
Level 1 courses also available, click here to view/download the course information sheet.